Slip-ups : When the BCSE accidentally speaks honestly
The "British Centre for Science Education" seeks to lobby public authorities by presenting itself as a credible authority. It is founded and run by people with no qualifications or history in this field, and is hence a fraud. The real motivations of its members, as this site documents, is to oppose supernatural religion. This allegation, the BCSE vehemently denies, and has on several occasions re-written or expanded pages on its website to assert this.
Unfortunately for the BCSE, the counter-evidence is far too strong. On this page, I provide several documentations of where its members and leaders forget that they're speaking in places where the public can hear them, and accidentally tell us what they really mean. This happens on a fairly frequent basis...
- The BCSE - According to those involved , in which I discover what one fringe supporter of the BCSE was saying about them when talking to another audience.
- "You're Off Message" - an article in which I document one of the statements the BCSE has on its website in which it says what it really thinks about evangelical Christianity.
- Another article, in which one of the longest-standing members of the BCSE tells us who the BCSE's real enemies are. And another.
- Not even trying to pretend any more - as time went on and the BCSE's real agenda became increasingly obvious and known, the leaders put less and less effort into trying to pretend.
- "they are all the same as hardline fascists, BNPers, white supremicists, Abu Hamza fans, Marxists, racists, homophobes, Trotskyites, Leninists, Maoists, Northern Ireland paramilitaries, KKKers - all birds of a feather." - the BCSE's founder and official spokesman, giving his assessment of evangelical Christians.
- ''"a movement of pig-ignorant inarticulate bigots, racists, xenophobes, anti-Semites, misogynists, homophobes, rape apologists, AIDS deniers, government haters, scientific illiterates, gun-lovers, murderous paramilitaries and others predisposed towards extreme violence, half-baked misfits and haters, all obsessed with their own religious and moral superiority." - the BCSE's founder and spokesman, the same man who wrote the section on the BCSE website explaining that the BCSE was not driven by a hatred of religion, again giving us his view of Bible Christianity.
- Here's a slightly unusual set of aims for a supposed body of scientists: "That's where we need to be - that being a fundamentalist christianis as [sic] socially as acceptable as being a paedophile. ... It should be relatively easy to rally against the fundies. Pick an obnoxious trait, focus on whatthat would mean for the public at large, exaggerate it, and demonise that trait to the point that no rational person would consider supporting them. Caricature the entire dominionist/reconstructionist movement as nothing more than an embodiment of that trait. Then, in every public debate or discussion, keep returning to the same obnoxious trait, referring to it the same way, giving the media their sound bite, and making sure that even if someone can't tell you one single element of a group's actual beliefs or plans, they can tell you that they have this obnoxious trait."